- jill ellis: doesnt call up kelley o'hara
- jill ellis: cuts arod from 18 player roster
- jill ellis: starts two best central midfielders as wing players
- jill ellis: calls allie long one of the most impressive players in the nwsl
- jill ellis: LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG BAD GIRLS DO IT WELL #YOLO
Kelley O’Hara and Nadia Nadim co-claimed the Golden Boot this season after both players scored seven goals each.
O’Hara started off the season as a defender, but was positioned at forward on May 21 against the Washington Spirit. She scored her first goal with SBFC in that match, and continued to be an offensive threat throughout the season. She ended the 2014 campaign with seven goals, including two game-winners, and five assists in 22 starts.
"It is gratifying to see Kelley have such a good year in scoring goals and creating goal scoring opportunities,” Gabarra said. “She continued her development and showed her versatility by performing at such a consistently high level on both sides of the ball."
(source: http://www.skybluefc.com/home/832370.html, photo credit as tagged in photo)